Customer profile TipRanks offers a unique ranking system that help investors find an "investment influencer". The system allows investors to see the history and success rate of an influencer and decide whether to follow his investment decisions. Sela has a track record of over 3 decades in leading the consulting and technology knowledge in Israel. Sela, as an MSP, helped Aspire Global reaching its business goals on Microsoft Azure.
TIPRANKS TECHNICAL AND BUSINESS PROBLEMS THAT TACKLED
- Medium SEO ranking score due to the mechanism that creates pages (they are not able to use CDN)
- Multiple domain that Azures Application gateway cloud not service
- Need for fluctuating demand on site and unknown capacity.
- Lake of high-end DevOps and monitoring methodologies
AS PART OF THE WORK, WE HAD COME UP WITH THE FOLLOWING ISSUES:
- Identify and characterize new infrastructure models and challenges.
- SEO ranking due to lake of CDN
- No application monitoring system was installed.
- Scaling issues for supporting large data volumes.
- The machizem behind the site cloud is not implemented using native azure components
TIPRANKS HAD A PROBLEM:
- As a public website they must be able to achieve high SEO score.
- Because this is a public-facing website and has a high traffic volume: the site could not be taken down and should always be running.
HOW DOES SELA HELP?
Sela has a unique positioning as an SI, a Software House, and a Training Partner. This enables us to give a 360 to the client from the infrastructure, through DevOps, to the Data and Development, giving them the best solution and making a transformation within the teams by providing a comprehensive knowledge transfer and a state of mind transformation. We at SELA believe we should forget about "Lift & Shift," it is not a unique enough solution, and it leaves the conversation around pricing. Besides SELA being the leading cloud partner in MEA SELA is also a software lab and a college, allowing us to debug and transform customer applications to offer complete "Lift & Transfer" methodology. SELA experts have written several books on Dotnet performance best practices and modernization. The Solution Areas The solution covered combines the following areas: Kubernetes, Application insights, Application security and isolation, and infrastructure. To find and improve the website's SEO ranking, SELA firstly installed Azure Front door. Front door is a unique offering by Azure that enables customers to have a presence in all Azure Edge locations resulting in "CDN like" SEO ranking. SELA offered to place front door instead of the previous application gateway and enable WAF monitoring tools. Due to the unique structure of the application, Front door (or any other reverse proxy in Azure, for that matter) had a problem with pass-through communications to the backend services. Our experts found that using both application insights and native DotNet tool that the best approach would be to use Azure front door as an entry point to the application. To adhere to the requirements for distributed backend services and advanced reverse proxy, we have moved some of the backend services to Kuberness bases solution using NGINX Pro as a reverse proxy.
THE MAIN BENEFITS ACHIEVED
- Enable the ability to "pinpoint" exact problems and find the "line of code" causing the problem.
- Streamline of services and code using Kubernetes with AKS
- High SEO score by using would include wide front door locations
THE LEADING TECHNOLOGIES THAT WERE INVOLVED IN THE SOLUTIONSELA's experts delivered the following infrastructure solution for Aspire Global (All the below technologies were deployed over Tipranks new Azure subscription):
- Established these services and components to reduce the amount of load used by the front-end
- Azure Application insights
- Azure front door
- Application services with private endpoint